So you’ve finished high school and are looking at options for further education. Pursuing a diploma course could be a great path to gain practical skills and knowledge in your field of interest.
Mount Kenya University offers a range of diploma programs across various disciplines that could kickstart your career.
Whether you’re interested in business, IT, education, or health sciences, Mount Kenya University likely has a diploma course for you.
These courses provide targeted, employment-focused education and training. Many even include internships or attachments to give you valuable on-the-job experience.
A diploma from Mount Kenya University demonstrates to employers that you have competence and expertise in your chosen area of study.
These courses take between 1 to 3 years to complete, allowing you to enter the workforce sooner than a full bachelor’s degree.
Enrolling in a diploma course at Mount Kenya University could open up opportunities and set you on the path to an exciting new career.
So what are you waiting for? There’s a whole world of possibilities out there – start exploring diploma courses at Mount Kenya University and find one that will shape your future.
The Top 10 Diploma Courses Offered at Mount Kenya University
Mount Kenya University (MKU) offers a range of diploma courses in various disciplines. These courses provide hands-on skills and knowledge to prepare you for entry-level jobs.
Diploma in Business Management
This course provides a solid foundation in business and management. You’ll learn key concepts in areas like accounting, entrepreneurship, marketing, and human resources. With a diploma in business management, you’ll be ready to work as a manager trainee or business development executive.
Diploma in IT
MKU’s diploma in IT covers fundamentals of software engineering, database management, networking, and web design. You’ll get experience with languages like Java, SQL, and HTML/CSS. An IT diploma opens doors to jobs like web developer, database administrator or software tester.
Diploma in Hospitality Management
If you’re interested in a career in Kenya’s growing tourism industry, a Diploma in Hospitality Management is ideal. This program teaches hospitality skills, food and beverage management, housekeeping, and front office operations. You’ll be prepared for entry-level jobs at hotels, restaurants, travel agencies or airlines.
Diploma in Mass Communication
MKU’s diploma in Mass Communication provides broad training in public relations, journalism, film production, and communication.
You’ll develop skills in areas like media law, public speaking, and digital content creation. This diploma can lead to work as a journalist, PR professional, digital media producer or corporate communicator.
With experienced faculty and state-of-the-art facilities, MKU offers a supportive learning environment.
Their diploma programs provide versatile, in-demand skills to launch your career. Enroll today for an affordable, respected education that will open up opportunities.
Learn skills to help improve people’s lives including project planning, leadership, research methods and resource mobilization.
Graduates work for NGOs, community-based organizations or government agencies as project coordinators or community development officers.
This course prepares you to teach in primary and secondary schools.
You’ll study areas like curriculum development, educational psychology, teaching methods, and classroom management.
Career paths include primary or high school teachers.
Applying for Diploma Courses at Mount Kenya University
Here’s a breakdown of the application process and admission requirements for diploma courses at Mount Kenya University (MKU):
- Choose your program: Browse MKU’s website to explore the various diploma programs offered and find the one that aligns with your interests and career goals.
- Download the application form: You can download the application form online at https://application.mku.ac.ke/umis/application: https://application.mku.ac.ke/umis/application or pick one up from any MKU campus or ODEL center.
- Fill out the form: Carefully complete the application form, providing accurate information about your academic background, personal details, and chosen program.
- Attach supporting documents: Include copies of relevant certificates and documents like your KCSE certificate, transcripts (if applicable), ID/passport, and one passport-sized photograph.
- Submit your application: You can submit your completed application and documents online through the MKU website or in person at any MKU campus or ODEL center.
- Minimum academic qualification: Most diploma programs require a minimum KCSE mean grade of C (Plain) or its equivalent. Some programs might have higher requirements depending on the field of study.
- Subject-specific requirements: Specific programs might require certain subjects and grades in your KCSE certificate. You can find these details on the program description page on the MKU website.
- Other considerations: MKU might also consider your work experience, relevant skills, and motivation for pursuing the chosen program during the application review process.
- Application fee: There is a non-refundable application fee of Ksh. 1,000 for Kenyan applicants and US$50 for international applicants.
- Application deadlines: While applications are accepted year-round, some programs might have specific intake dates and deadlines. It’s best to check the program details on the MKU website for accurate information.
- Selection process: After reviewing applications, MKU might invite shortlisted candidates for an interview or further assessment.
Diploma School Fees, Application Fees & Other Fees
Mount Kenya University (MKU) offers various programs with different fee structures.
The school fees, application fees, and other fees vary depending on the program and the type of applicant.
For example, Kenyan applicants for Diploma, Certificate, and Undergraduate programs are required to pay an application fee of Ksh. 1,000, while non-Kenyan applicants are required to pay US Dollars 50.
The tuition fees for different programs also vary, with the cost of a diploma ranging from Ksh. 20,550 to Ksh. 34,550 per semester.
Additionally, the university allows for the payment of fees in installments, with at least 50% of the school fees required upon registration.
Furthermore, MKU Foundation provides alumni with a tuition fees waiver for postgraduate programs and a waiver of application fees for those advancing to higher levels of study.
For specific fee details, it is recommended to visit the official MKU website or contact the university directly.