Yes, KMTC students can now get HELB loans. In 2022, the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) partnered with the Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) to offer loans to needy students pursuing pre-service medical training at KMTC. The loans are available to students enrolled in certificate and diploma programs in nursing, clinical medicine, laboratory technology, and other health-related fields.
To be eligible for a HELB loan, KMTC students must meet the following criteria:
- Be Kenyan citizens
- Be enrolled in a full-time program at KMTC
- Have a minimum KCSE grade of C+
- Demonstrate financial need
Once you have been accepted to KMTC, you can apply for a HELB loan through the HELB website. You will need to provide your academic transcripts, KCSE results, and proof of financial need.
If you are approved for a HELB loan, the funds will be disbursed directly to your KMTC school fees account. You will be responsible for repaying the loan, plus interest, after you graduate.
The HELB loan is a great way to finance your education at KMTC. If you are a needy student, I encourage you to apply for a loan.
Here are some additional details about the HELB loan for KMTC students:
- The maximum loan amount that a student can borrow is Ksh. 1.5 million.
- The interest rate on the loan is 4%.
- The loan repayment period is 10 years.
- There is a grace period of six months after graduation before you have to start repaying the loan.
If you have any questions about the HELB loan for KMTC students, please contact the HELB customer care center.