The qualifications required for catering courses in Kenya vary depending on the level of certification you are seeking.
- Certificate level: A minimum grade of D plain in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) is required for entry into a certificate in catering course. These courses typically take one year to complete.
- Diploma level: A minimum grade of C- in KCSE is required for entry into a diploma in catering course. These courses typically take two years to complete.
- Degree level: A minimum grade of C+ in KCSE is required for entry into a degree in catering course. These courses typically take four years to complete.
In addition to academic qualifications, many colleges and universities also require applicants to have completed a short-term catering course or to have some work experience in the hospitality industry.
Best catering schools in Kenya
Here are some of the best catering schools in Kenya:
- Kenya Utalii College
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT)
- Moi University
- Mount Kenya University
- Strathmore University
These schools offer a variety of catering courses, from certificate level to degree level. They also have well-equipped facilities and experienced lecturers.
If you are interested in a career in catering, I recommend that you research the different catering courses available in Kenya and choose the one that best suits your needs and interests.
Here are some of the benefits of studying catering in Kenya:
- The cost of tuition is relatively affordable.
- The quality of education is high.
- There are many opportunities for internships and work experience.
- The Kenyan hospitality industry is growing rapidly.
If you are looking for a rewarding career in the hospitality industry, studying catering in Kenya is a great option.